Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Fuselage height/width

Default Fuselage height/width

Can some one send me the width and height of the fuselage as delivered. It appears the delivery of my kit is this saturday and there is a good chance the truck will not be able to make the turns to get into my property to get to my workshop. I have a full size van, wings no problem to haul in it. My van is 50inch tall by 51 wide. Not 16 feet long but thats okay, I can fit 12 foot long lumber in it so the tail will stick out a bit. Thanks

Default Re: Fuselage height/width

Hi Jim,

First off, congrats on getting your kit!

A couple photos attached. first one of the box with my 5' 10" friend standing next to it - don't think the whole box would fit in your van???

Second photo shows the airframe sitting in the box - the plywood on the side of the box is 4' so it looks like the front end is less than the 50" tall..... the tail is taller - don't have an exact measurement but looks like taller than the 50". The frame is pretty light but the tail (which is really light) sticking out the back of the van shouldn't be a balance problem. Max width has to be less than the 51"

Hope that helps a little.

Dave S

KF 7 Trigear
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks like 42" tall and 42" wide at largest points (not counting tail). I think empty weight is about 80 lbs. this is for the model SS. good luck and congrats. ken

Earlier this year John McBean told me:-

'Typically the crate is 48w x 204l x 84t and approximately 1700 lbs.'

Hope this helps,

Good luck with the kit.

Alan

Thank you for the measurement of the fuselage, this helps the plan come together.