Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Puddle Jumper Floats

Default Puddle Jumper Floats

Puddle Jumpers - out of Quebec. Any experience or recommendations...? They have a lot of airtime associated with the Beaver ultralight. Other airframes mated too - Kitfox IV listed as some of their clients. Any users out their...?

Default Re: Puddle Jumper Float

I moved this posting to a new thread so that it can be easily searched for in the future.

I'm sure Av8rPS will have information on these. He's a bottomless pit of float flying knowledge.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Default Re: Puddle Jumper Floats

Dang... my response got lost in database issue.

Oh well, to reiterate: I've never so much as seen a Kitfox on PJ floats, but I have seen them on Quad City Challengers, and they worked well. Years ago were rumored to have some structural issues with fibreglass and top from bottom separation, but again, just rumor. I never personally witnessed any of that, so not even sure if true?

Ken at www.Harborsportaviation.com has a description and his opinion of PJ floats on his homepage, and currently is selling a Rans S-6 with a 582 on PJ amphibs. , His performance results as posted under ad are impressive. And Ken for sure knows what he is talking about, as he has flown lots and lots of lsa amphibs over the years, and rigged/installed somewhere around 60 airplanes. So definitely a "float guru".

Sorry I can't tell you more.