Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 EAA AirVenture Oshkosh fly-in

Default 2016 EAA AirVenture Oshkosh fly-in

Wannafly just posted the first entry I have seen for the Oshkosh fly-in, so I figured I’d start the thread about the 2016 EAA AirVenture Oshkosh fly-in.

Thanks for the early warning, I’m planning on getting an AC Room at the University!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Default Re: 2016 EAA AirVenture Oshkosh fly-in

Dang, they have already closed the AC Dorm rooms at the University! After checking the Dates, I can’t go this year! July 26th is at the beginning of the week, and I can’t afford to miss my Anniversary again!!
    Last edited by Paul Z; 10-03-2015 at 04:43 PM.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post
    Dang, they have already closed the AC Dorm rooms at the University! After checking the Dates, I can’t go this year! July 26th is at the beginning of the week, and I can’t afford to miss my Anniversary again!!
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Is there a word starting with a "P" and ending in "Y" before the emotioncon?
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I don't understand what you are inferring, Paul.

I was implying that you must be "smart as a ----".

Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

That funny! Smart as a whip. I laughed so hard it brought tears to my eyes. 😂
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Now, to Wannafly's questions about what to bring to Airventure. Here's a few tips:

First (middle and last!) is comfortable footwear. You will be walking. A lot! If you blister early in your stay, you will be in a world of hurt, literally. High quality walking shoes and socks are an absolute necessity.

Baby powder. It's usually very hot and humid at Airventure. This will give a little relief. If you know what I mean…

An old motorcycle traveling trick I used to do was to bring pants but buy t-shirts. Helps to keep the packing light, at least on the way out. I've also been known to box up dirty laundry and ship it home…
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I only carry enough to fly up 2 days and 3 days once I'm there. I've started taking my old t-shirts, and old shorts that are a little worn out. After wearing them they just go in the trash, versus washing. I've got sever dozen Harley Davidson t-shirts that i have full intention of leaving behind. Inevitably I will by a shirt or two & along with the good clothes I worn, I usually ship home dirty via US Postal the day I leave.

A hat, sun glasses, poncho (for the inevitable rain), 2 pair of good fitting shoes (1 pair will get wet), extra pairs of socks (your socks will get wet), a zip lock bag or two of laundry detergent, typical toilettries (leave the razor at home your on holiday), tooth paste (l seem to always forget it), get a set of Claw Tie downs with some good strapping to hold the plane down during the inevitable bad weather because your plane is sitting outside.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Thanks for all the tips. The route is taking shape. Lethbridge, Ab. Morden, Mb. Dryden, Ont. Owen Sound, Ont. Cornwall, Ont. Sherbrooke, Qc. PEI. Nova Scotia, then hit the United States at Bangor, Maine. stay State side to Oshkosh.
    Proposed departure is July 14. Any one want to join, give pointers or offer a spot to land and camp along proposed route would be great. But so we don't plug up this thread it may be best to message me.

Obviously you must have a reason to not just turn right when you get to the Minnesota / Wisconsin area?

Your route as proposed is quite the scenic tour I must say