Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kitfox AC :)

Default Re: Kitfox AC :)

Tomorrow it's forecast to reach 114 degees here in Phoenix. Would be a good test for it Chase.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Sheesh , yes it would be a good test at 114* Steve, at what humidity?
    I have learned i need to put the blue ice packs in a zip lock bag, the humidity here makes them sweat, with no reservoir hopefully the zip lock bags catch the moisture
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

You've got that right Chase!
    RobS

Paul, sorry about your knee. Still hoping to see you at McCall but understand if it is a little too much for you just yet. Listen to your Doc. Got to get you 100 % for Oshkosh next year. We got lots of walking to do there.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Fits ok, could lay it down with longer tubes
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

I think yours is the first AC Kitfox Chase.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Chase - SkyPirate, you need to change your handle to R2D2. Looks good the question is does it work?
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Lol maybe im curious how well its going to work, might have to up the CFM with a 12 volt squirrel cage, although at 12" from the end of the outlet tube it will blow a bic lighters flame out, tomorrows mid day flight home should be a good test
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Steve , living in NH I never thought of AC flying my model 2 ( I was younger and just tok the doors off) living here in hells armpitt Mo, flying with the doors open is like flying thru an oven with wind, doors shut flying an oven so ... Got the creativity juices flowing, aside from a conventional AC set up which would require condensor , pump etc = allot of weight, this set up came to mind.. Anticipation is the end product at this time, mid day tomorrow with vents closed and ice box on... We will know then
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Paul, sorry about your knee. Still hoping to see you at McCall but understand if it is a little too much for you just yet. Listen to your Doc. Got to get you 100 % for Oshkosh next year. We got lots of walking to do there.
    Steve, Thanks for the well wishes.

I just got back from the airport, finally got my plane all together after having the Carbs rebuilt. I got all of the hoses changed, the oil changes, changed the spark plugs, the water/antifreeze changed, the carbs installed & balanced, and the prop pitched to obtain 5420 RPM static run up. When I finished everything I was going to take a test flight, but the OAT was 112 on the Advanced Flight Ststem, I'll try flying it tomorrow morning. Right now I'm sitting on the couch after a cold shower, had a cold lunch, and I've propped up my leg with an ice pack on the knee. Four hours of standing working with a crutch under one arm and 110 degrees at the airport is a Crap Out!

I definately want to make Oshkosh next year. Yesterday imy knee hurt so bad I was contemplating calling it off then. I'll mke the go or no go call for McCall on Monday, depending on how my leg feels.
    Last edited by Paul Z; 08-14-2015 at 03:35 PM.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas