Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687 LastLast

Thread: Oz build SS7

Default Re: Oz build SS7

My model 5 came with a optional dual pin door latch like Bruce shows here. I only have one picture of it that doesn't show it very well. It might be worth asking the factory if they still have this mod.

Ross, I am really impressed that you are doing inverted flight in the first few hours.

Bruce, I like your simple way of locking your doors. I might have to "borrow" this idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Thanks for the door tips guys. Will follow that up.

Yes I noted the inverted flight Phil! I am working on getting straight and level worked out ..........

you must be close now Phil!?

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Quote Originally Posted by rosslr View Post
    I met up with JOno over at Benalla
    What Ross forgot to mention was that.. he heard a "Tacka Tacka Tacka" sound over the radio about 10 seconds before we met up. While the Mk IV couldn't keep up, I still managed to get on Ross' 6 O'Clock and line up the cross hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by PapuaPilot View Post
    My model 5 came with a optional dual pin door latch like Bruce shows here. I only have one picture of it that doesn't show it very well. It might be worth asking the factory if they still have this mod.

Ross, I am really impressed that you are doing inverted flight in the first few hours.

Bruce, I like your simple way of locking your doors. I might have to "borrow" this idea.
    Phil , the locks are drawer locks from Home Depot aircraft supply , that come with different barrel lengths to fit your application. Bruce

Phil & Bruce,

Also have the dual pin on our S7......and a similar solution to locking.....Was able to find a varety of cabinet locks at a local and very knowlegable locksmith (at a reasonable proce). A person could get different offsets on the latch blade to minimize intrusion into the cabin as well as different total length of the cylinders. Picked one with a "Z" bend in the latch blade. Also able to get matching lock cylinders so one key does both side.

I do like the dual pin latch....flying since 2008 with this and has held up well.....plus minimizes the pneumonia holes....important because we do fly down to 10 below F.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF 7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive
    St Paul, MN
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Flight testing nearly finished!

I have managed to complete 24 of the 25 hrs testing now in 10 days. It has been a fun time - a few days off with bad weather and no flying but usually an early start gets a few hours of cool and stable conditions before the thermals start getting a little too robust for my liking!

We held another 'first flight' celebration (any excuse will do!) - this time with more people and later in the afternoon when when it was acceptable to celebrate with a few drinks! Our friends Tony and Kathy brought their chopper over and Gayle rode shotgun with the camera - a fun time for her but she had trouble with the camera. We had other friends fly in with their cub and a Yak. As you can see, the approach on the mountain side of our airstrip is a bit of fun!

I know it is a bit repetitious but forgive us as new parents....

cheers

r
    https://youtu.be/9ej8JpTfQQo
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Looked like everyone had fun. well done
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

OOOO, AHHHH, BoooYaah! You're having WAY too much fun with that KF audience! NICE post, Rossir.

We had a holiday here yesterday where everyone eats turkey and trimmings until you burst at the seams. I flew the KF 130 miles yesterday to do the same. It's been severe clear and cold but outstanding flying conditions. I met up with Scott Wednesday in The Dalles, OR for lunch..We also had a confab with Leroy who has 31 hours on his new KF7.

My post got clipped in the middle. I met up with Scott at The Dalles, OR which is about half way from home for each of us. We had lunch and then met up with Leroy......

Yes - its fun! and today I will finish my 25hrs test period and then be able to ake gayle for a fly too which will be fun! I thought when re

rading Scotts post that you two were heading to meet up Doug! Sounds like you have another member of the Great NW Kitfox group!

cheers for now - perfect weather for flying!!
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ