Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox features history

Default Kitfox features history

I have been researching a two place plane and Kitfox seems to be the best fit for my flying mission. What I have been having a hard time finding though is a good history of the different models and what features each one has. For example what model(s) are able to have the landing gear set up as conventional or tricycle? I have been looking on this forum for a while but haven't found (or more likely don't know how to phrase the search) much information on this. If there is a thread and some one could direct me to it I would be very grateful. Or if there is a website or some other resource available I would appreciate any help on this issue. Thanks in advance for any help.

I do want to add that has to be the most civil forum I have ever read. I have yet to see any hostel conversations. I look forward to reading much more.

Default Re: Kitfox features history

Don,

Two good sources:

1) http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/KitfoxHistory.htm

2) The book titled "Kitfox Pilot's Guide" on page 7 of the Kitfox catalog link below gives a lot of detail for each model as well as performance and handling characteristics, weights and features. I have the previous version titled "How to Fly A kitfox" and it is great - the new one is an update but I believe it has the same historical data except more current with the latest variants. Well worth the money for the book.

http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/Produc...rtscatalog.pdf

Enjoy

Dave S
    KF 7 Trigear
    912ULS WArp Drive

Thanks Dave for the quick response and the great links. I have been on the Kitfox web site several time but never noticed the history button. Maybe I need to take my eyeballs in for an annual inspection. I will also be ordering the "Kitfox Pilots Guide". (I did not think to go to the parts page since I don't have a Kitfox yet). Should be some good winter reading!

Thanks again, Don

Don,

I think you will find the Pilot's guide very interesting......In my own case, I studied up on various planes.....got interested in the Kitfox and studied that more.....Got a ride in a IV and later in a 7.......pretty much made the decision for me. I think it is extremely important to test fly a plane before committing.... in my case, that sealed my fate & ended up with a 7.

Both this list and the Current Kitfox company are a great source of information and support for the brand.

BTW - some time back my wife & I flew to port columbus SW of where you live.....after 40 or so miles of sequencing....we were cleared for 28 right?????? HUH?...Its almost 2 miles long....which part do I land on?...crossways??? A little bigger than the humble grass strips......

Take Care,

Dave S