Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Esser's Build

Default Re: Esser's Build

Hey Josh,

It appears your photo hosting situation was resolved. So many photos I wish I could have seen earlier. I'm glad they're up now, It is so helpful to be able to look through the build logs of other builders. Thanks for documenting so well.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Hey Brian, glad they are back up. Photobucket just went through a management change and they are trying to repair some of the damage previous management did

Too bad lots of it was too late for you but hopefully they will help someone!
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

First start of the engine today. To be honest I was slightly nervous for some reason. Did some last minute items, topped up the oil and coolant and went for it.

It started up fine with 2 seconds of cranking and purred like a kitten but when I gave it more power it started to get rough. My EGTs on cylinder 2 were low but my chts were low on cylinder 1. I shut down and put my hands on the cylinders and 1 was way cooler than the others. With a heat gun I individually tested the EGTs and realized 1 was on 2 and vice versa. So now I’m certain cylinder one is the only issue.

So cylinder 1 isn’t making power. I’m guessing it’s a clogged injector since it seemed to get rough with more power. First thing I’m going to do is try to clean the injector. I’ll keep you all in the loop.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Ok everyone,

Just a quick update. Still waiting on my certificate of registration so that I can book my final inspection. I got a call from Transport Canada today to clear up some info so they are working on it.

In the mean time I knew I was going to be waiting so I changed some stuff. I switched my floor boards to textured ABS. It was not fun taking out those rudder pedals! How ever, I wanted them black anyway so this will be nice to have completed.

Adding the elevator spring, changing my wing tank fittings to banjo fittings so they are easier to inspect the finger strainers.

Still need to modify my intercooler a bit.

I’m installing a cold air intake box as I really don’t want to injest warm air into my intake. Lots of tiny fiddly bits, last minute things to be painted like my aerodynamic Jury struts

It’s coming and I should be flying mid sept.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Awe man, is that how it works? I have things that I think I will do or re-do on this thing already and Im not even to registering it yet. I suppose I will have time to change things as well. That was a pretty big bite to take on with regard to the floor under the pedals. Nice. Looking forward to your first flight as well. hope the pic situation improves before then.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Congrats on being close to flying!!

Curious what the engine problem was - clogged injector?

Scott

What? About to fly Josh!!!??? Yeeehaa!

About bloody time too! But then again, you are building a career and all that .... so really well done on getting there at your age.

Looking forward to the reports!

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Quote Originally Posted by Meyer View Post
    Congrats on being close to flying!!

Curious what the engine problem was - clogged injector?

Scott
    It was a partial clogged injector!

I received my certificate of registration! Unfortunately I leave for a wedding across the country after work tonight. And then I have a minor surgery that will slow me down. Hopefully I can get it inspected by the end of sept
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Plane moved to the airport and inspection booked for Oct 9

o
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Man, Josh that looks so cool. You know down here in the states that paint color will provoke a lot of controversy. I can hear the reports now. The govt has got secret black aircraft flying around spying on us or something.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X