Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How about some new Kitfox screen saver pics?

Default Re: How about some new Kitfox screen saver pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot4Life View Post
    That's a camera mount.... C'mon Lowell, what do you say...Will Highwing, LLC start making these available to the general population?
    I had to laugh. As I type this, I am on my third rebuild of the current version. The first one (on the first airplane) worked great. I had camera stability to about 75% of maximum zoom. It would tilt to about 20° above level to down about 45°. Pan was close to 180°

This time I tried using Nylaflo tubing and hydraulic cylinders to control the camera pan and tilt. not enough stability with low pressure fluid. I then ran cable through the Nulaflo and not much better. Right now it is all apart and I found that the ball bearing races I was using all have a little play in them and I get some pretty significant camera shake from engine vibration. I am going back to Delrin sleeve bearings and will know in a week or so if they will work. It has been high expectations followed by disappointment. The hydraulic idea was prompted by a desire to move the camera around on the airplane. Straight line runs of control cables eliminates that possibility. But then an idea popped into my head. We'll see about that one.

Produce for public? I seriously doubt it. Way too complex and would be way too expensive. I sort of understand why the ones on the News helicopters are in the half million $$ range. I have tried almost everything at least once and would be happy to tell what i know if anyone would like to try one themselves. The first one was made of aluminum riveted together. This one is welded 4130. A lathe is a must in either case, though.

As I reassemble this one, I will take some pictures and post them for curiosities sake.

I know we are not supposed to post links to commercial sites, but maybe I can be forgiven for dropping a link to some videos I took with the first system. The last of the Oshkosh videos was edited and posted the day before I destroyed the airplane in the emergency landing - ten minutes into a flight to the Factory Fly-in (2007).

http://highwingllc.com/videoarchive.html
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Great pictures everyone especially now that we are in one big snow storm...aaaahhhhh

on the camera mount has anyone tryed one of these
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tarot-Br...item4179d83002

some of my friends have them on their UAV quad chopper. Can buy now for $149

Chris.... I think that the camera mount was stop secret Kitfox R & D work!!! LMAO!!! LOWELL'S SKUNK WORKS!!! Next time you are out here on the left coast we'll go to Lowell's.... I will bring the deli sandwhiches and soft drinks!!!
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

I know a good camera mount and controls can be tough. I own part of a UAS (drone) company and we have spent several thousands of dollars and a lot of time developing good camera platforms. We actually now use a separate auto pilot system to control the cameras.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

great looking kitfoxs, would like to add ours. the pretty girl in the pic, is my copilot and granddaughter Hally.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Incredible photos Jimmy. Congrats for having the prettiest co-pilot too.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

We have so many to choose....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Morel
    912 Speedster

With all these great pics, why am I forced to buy crappy calendars of J-3 Cubs and DC-3's every year???

I hinted a coupled years ago that there should be a kitfox calendar..and a kitfox FF5 MK calendar google "Factory five" look up the cobra ..a model 4 bump cowl speedster sitting next to a FF5 Cobra..on a beach ..the best of both worlds
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Quote Originally Posted by P Morel View Post
    We have so many to choose....
    I really like you bird.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas