Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Drivers license - Third Class Medical Proposal

Default Re: Drivers license - Third Class Medical Proposal

Might be way off base here but I thought I read where one of the leading CAMA guys is also working for the AOPA. Why can't we start a petition to get him remove from his 'prestigious' job at AOPA since he is opposed to their current standing in this fight? How can this person that is supposedly working for pilots rights also be a member of a group trying to stiffle our freedom to fly?

This is the quote I am refering to:
    "one of the CAMA officers is non other than AOPA’s Warren Silberman, DO. We fail to see how a person who is an officer in CAMA, which strongly and actively opposes the General Aviation Pilot Protection Act, can be an effective leader in supporting the AOPA’s position in support of the legislation."

I agree with Maxwell. I was once a member of the ADA. I recall an article written for Readers Digest where a freelance writer did a tour with his mouth as the bait for an article. He had exams across the North East to North Central states and received diagnoses for "needed" dental work that went from about $800 to $12,000 from the various dentists he saw along the way - including a dental school that gave him the second lowest estimate. The ADA? I was extremely disappointed when they supported every one of the Dentists diagnoses in a response to the article. My take on it is that there wont be the slightest hint of what might be best for society when a professional organization or union for that matter makes a policy statement.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

I don't know. Reading all this makes me think this organization is blowing smoke. I know my AME said the same thing, he does it because he likes pilots, there is no money in it. He wonders also why he keeps doing it, to do it is a real pain to keep up on it. So why is the AMA so interested, don't know. Maybe they are just out to scare everybody so we pull out. why spend a bunch of money when there is no money to be made??? be very interesting to see how far they are willing to go.

My thoughts are; Can the AMA show that their physicals prevent accidents, and the EAA and AOPA CAN show that there has not been a increase in accidents due to using a driver's license.

Dick B

News from the AOPA.

http://www.aopa.org/AOPA-Live.aspx?cmp=ALTW:L6

The first story in this weekly video is about the proposed abandonment of the Class III medical proposal. I don't believe they would make an announcement like this without a little horsepower behind it…

The AMA can go to …
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

The latest thumb to the eye of the medical establishment is the poll on the CAMA (Civil Aviation Medical Association) website.

Please, go to their home page and participate in the poll showing them how out of touch they are. Then pass this link along to all of your friends.

As of this writing 96% is in favor of scrapping the Class III medical.

I'm sure this poll will disappear soon, because it is in stark contrast to the opinion they purport in the piece also posted on the home page.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Just voted. Now it's 96.1% in favor.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

The poll is gone.

That didn't take long...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Hi everybody, My instructor is Jackson who is has been an FAA gold ticket examiner for about 40 years, he says the bill will probably go threw because the bigger airplane manufacturers are missing out on a huge and growing number of pilots and are loosing tons of potential sales, especially with the Light Sport planes becoming so expensive and selling. The LSA pilot is becoming the norm. He also says when he goes to a airshow half the pilots are out of compliance in one way or another anyway and the FAA simply doesn't have the manpower to govern the private sector. I have a DOT physical that allows me to drive an overweight, oversized drill rig, but I cant fly a 172. Seems like normal politic logic, Maybe we need a committed to investigate the committee. Hope the bill passes, the choices in aircraft we could fly would be nice.

It is just the way the goverment does things. Back in 1959 when ex general Quesada was faa administrator Eastern Airlines had a Lockheed Electra crash into Boston Harbor on takeoff due to Swallow ingestion into two engines on one side. Well the general arrived personally on the scene from DC and voiced the opinion that migratory birds caused the accident before the wreckage was brought up. This turned out to be the cause, however on the way back to DC the general voiced the opinion that Airline Pilots should not fly beyond age 60. The regulation came out shortly without any research being done and we were forced into retirement at 60 for the next 53 years where upon the age was raised to 65 without further research. All during this time foriegn carriers were overflying US airspace without age restriction. What made them safer than us? OLD FLYER 86 (Forced into early retirment Airline Captain)
    ATR 32,000 hrs.
    F/E 1988
    A&E CAA 1955
    CFII 1954
    FAA Master Pilot award 2011
    Considering Kitfox IV this fall
    Last edited by old flyer 86; 09-06-2014 at 10:13 AM. Reason: addition