Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Picking a prop

Default Re: Picking a prop

I got the exhaust system mounted but not safety wired yet. I need to make a decision on a prop. Looking at my LEAF catalog I just received, they have a Warp Drive three blade with standard hub for $633.00. Does that sound like a good choice and price?

Quote Originally Posted by beeryboats View Post
    I got the exhaust system mounted but not safety wired yet. I need to make a decision on a prop. Looking at my LEAF catalog I just received, they have a Warp Drive three blade with standard hub for $633.00. Does that sound like a good choice and price?
    Anyone I know with the three blade warp is happy with the performance. Little tougher to setup than the IVO but tough as nails and smooth in the three blade.
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

Thanks. I just checked my email and had a quote from Warp. They recommended the HPL hub for a bit more money. They also priced me the standard hub. Both are on sale! I'm stoked, this is the last major purchase on this restoration.

I had credit card in hand when I called Warp Drive today. Can you believe they picked today to take a day off?!?!? I wish my company would do that. I might just be able to keep up on mowing the runway.

The UPS man delivered my brand new prop today. I've been waiting years for this day as it means that my rebuild is near its end. The only other thing I need to buy is a new battery. Wouldn't you know it, the tip of one of the blades is chipped! As you can imagine I could just scream. As I have no knowledge of composite props, and feel I should have a perfect new prop for money paid, I want a replacement. But now I have to wait until next week for answers due to the holiday. ARRRGGG

Happy Thanksgiving!

I wish receiving ones prop by UPS meant the build was near completion. I got my Whirl Wind this past weekend but I still have a long time to completion as I just started in March of this year. Anyhow, bought it now before the price goes up and while my money was only earning 0.01% interest.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Eddie