Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windshield cleaner

Default Re: Windshield cleaner

I love the novus cleaner, no1 . last a good long time. plexus runs out real fast

I have only done a quick scan of the article, but Aviation Consumer's May issue has a comparison. They like Plexi-Clear, All Kleer and 210 Plastic Cleaner & Polish. They did not test Plexus, but I have been very pleased with it on my motorcycle helmet and windscreen since getting a can at Sun-n-Fun years ago.
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear
    w/Rotax 912, Oratex, Dynon

A former Air Force jet mechanic and A&P IA here at Ryan Field Tucson, AZ recommended Honda Plastic cleaner and polish years ago (available at a Honda Dealer). I used it on my Citabria when I had it and now on my Kitfox Speedster. You would think you had no windshield in front of you. Use microfiber rags from Pep Boys, Auto Zone etc., excellent results.

Good info guys. I used Plexus for years until they doubled the price overnight. May pick up some Novus and Honda cleaner and give them a try.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Another vote for Plexus. That stuff is amazing. I use it on my Pitts canopy as well as the huge canopy on my DG303.

A mix of hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol and water to remove bugs and dirt from the windshield. Guys that ride motorcycles use this trick to get the bugs off the windscreens and plastic fairings. The bugs just slid off afterwards. Also my local FBO uses "helicopter polish" it has a waxy layer after its put on but drys clear and lasts a while. I get a free windscreen cleaning while they put gas in the plane. well free is not the best word because they do charge 15 cents extra for full service, being the truck comes to me, air oil etc.

I have use Aero Cosmetics (Wash Wax All) for 25 Years. You can clean your entire A/C with this product. It works GREAT on Acrylics and Polycarbonates. http://washwax.com/product.php?produ...cat=272&page=1