Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Drivers license - Third Class Medical Proposal

Default Re: Drivers license - Third Class Medical Proposal

Here's the link, again. http://www.contactingthecongress.org

Even the worthless members of congress can't ignore phone calls to their offices. Put the numbers on a paper and pin it up at your local FBO. Pass the number around at your local EAA chapter meeting. Put it into the newsletter. The most entrenched do-nothing's in congress can't ignore a couple hundred phone calls...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Years and years ago when I was young like in the 50's, and the requirement came in for professional pilots to take an EKG for their 1st class medical one of my fellow pilots" said boy Bob I guess we're going to move up in seniority quickly now, ( referring to the older more senior pilots would flunk out) . I said to him how do you know you will pass it? Which gave him pause.

Here is the latest from EAA. I guess we are supposed to act immediately! It is extremely easy. EAA has the leters made for your officials. You just enter your address and in some cases a phone number and a couple clicks and they send them for you. Done. So if you haven't already done it now is the time!

An Urgent Message from EAA Chairman Jack Pelton

July 16, 2015
    My Fellow EAA Members,
    The Pilot’s Bill of Rights 2 (PBOR2), the bill to reform the third-class medical, is at a critical point as it works its way through the Senate. All of the work that EAA and our members have done in the past year to advance this issue has come to this point and we need your immediate help.
    EAA has been working every day in Washington to make meaningful medical reform, our top advocacy priority, a reality. The bill currently needs more cosponsors to be better positioned for the next step in the legislative process, which is imminent. While advocating for you is a job I and EAA’s staff take very seriously, it will take all of us to make this happen. The action is happening right now in the Senate and it is imperative that your Senators hear from you, their constituents.
    If there was ever a time for our community to get involved, and in one voice advocate for this crucial issue, it is now. I ask that you call or email your senators’ offices and personally express your support for PBOR2. Ask your senators to sign on as cosponsors to PBOR2 if they have not already (a list of current cosponsors is below). A set of talking points is also available to help you compose your message. As always you may use EAA’s Rally Congress system if you have not done so already, but personal contact makes a far greater impact.
    Thank you for taking direct action on behalf of EAA and the entire general aviation community. EAA takes all of its advocacy efforts very seriously, and we are doing everything in our power to see this issue through to a positive conclusion. With your help that end may be in sight.
    Sincerely,

Jack J. Pelton
    Last edited by awilson; 07-17-2015 at 04:22 AM.

Letters sent, again. Time to move this bill forward. Please drowned your Senator's offices with letters or phone calls.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Done. Takes 1 minute.

Smile Re: Drivers license - Third Class Medical Proposal

Guess it didn't hurt doing it again

Done, Unfortunately my senators are not on the list already co-sponsoring this.

I never got a response from either of them last time I wrote so don't expect any this time.

Not wanting to turn this into a political debate but they are extremely liberal, and not so sure they want to give up any type of 'control' they have. Has anyone in Mn written Al Franken and Amy Klobuchar ever gotten a response as to whether they support or oppose this?

Get the phone numbers and call their offices. Repeatedly. Get your friends to do the same.

Phone calls go 100 times further than an email.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

My worthless representative will not listen.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Looks like we wait again - http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news...-224595-1.html . Congress wants to take their vacation!!
    RobS