Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: NEW Shoes & tail spring!

Default NEW Shoes & tail spring!

As a newbie I have to repeat...LOVE this forum! Thanks for all the advice and tips guys!

I had the single leaf tail spring fail on my Model II a couple of weeks ago (600+ hrs and a pretty rough field), and ordered the three leaf set up from John. He recommended using two of the three leaves or replacing the AN bolt with a longer one if I wanted to use all three. I opted to just use two, and it was a direct bolt on swap..no muss...no fuss. The spring is a bit longer though so I did have to go with longer chains, but the ground handling is great and can still pivot around one wheel While I was at fixing the tail I opted to replace the worn 16" mains with NANCO 21x12x8's and see how they work out. So far I've just taxi tested them, but will flight test them this evening and report back on effects on airspeed etc.

Jay Phelps
    N627C
    KF II/582 BH

P.s. The t-shirts are the bomb John thanks!...the wife even likes hers...lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Greensuiter86; 10-20-2014 at 11:46 AM.