Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 72 of 87 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast

Thread: Oz build SS7

Default Re: Oz build SS7

Ross,

We have an engraving tool at work that I may try for my data plate, otherwise I will take it to an Engraver.

I got my new door hinges drilled and fitted today. I hope to get them trimmed and painted tomorrow.

Here is a picture of the plane today while I was fitting the door hinges. I just mounted the rear windows and the windows in the doors. The protective plastic will come off when the plane is all done. My next job will be mounting the windshield.

I going to post some more pictures in my album.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Default Back from Ausfly

I have been away for the last week to attend Ausfly and to do the Maintenance Procedures Course that is a requirement to to do the maintenance on our experimental aircraft here in Australia. It was up at Narromine in NSW (Google Earth is good!) a- a 7 hour drive from here. The course was good, the weather fined up for the show and it was great to chat with a lot of the other builders and owners of experimental. Alas, there were NO Kitfox planes represented! But there will be next year! I was a little disappointed at the prominence given to warbirds given it was a SAAA event (Sport Aircraft Association Australia) but understand that they draw the public and help to cover the costs. The airforce Roulettes were spectacular as always but ...... hardly a sport aircraft!

Now to get stuck in and get my own project finished!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Lots of Yaks! Or are those Nanchangs?

Hi Josh,

yes, both - the belong to a group called the Russian Roolettes who are a private group doing aero displays - mostly ex airforce guys. The Airforce PC9's are in the background and they are famous in Australia and called the Roulettes. But as i said, they sort of pushed the experimental in to the background and I think that is a shame.

Getting some build happening Josh?

cheers
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.

Sorry I missed it, I had to cancel as I was on the drive to the airport,,,so close !

Still there's a few events coming up

Interesting. I think Canada might replace the snowbird's tutors with PC9's (Harvard II). Although maybe they will use the the Hawk. We shall see.

I haven't been building at all. I started a contract in May that was supposed to be done end of June but I'm still here. I'm wasting all my nice weather because of work! I need to retire like you guys.

Looks like one of the warbirds has an uncomfortable trip home!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-0...irport/6753478

As for retiring Josh ... you're just a little young I suspect... I think you have your priorities right! And just for the record, I'm not retired. Not totally, anyway.

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ

As for retirement it's not as attractive as you may think. There's a lot of responsibility involved when you are solely empowered to decide what you are going to do, if you are going to do it, and of course the alternative is perhaps you will do nothing at all.............This loop goes on day after day.

I've been retire 2 1/2 years no loops for me always something to do. I have no regrets about deciding to retire a few years early. I'm finally getting to do a few things I've wanted to do.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Ahhh Thomas! All I can say is one persons 'responsibility' is another person's 'freedom' ... and I guess that Josh is wanting a little more freedom from work to nail this project that he has shown so much passion for! I think the aim is to live a life of 'balance'.

Now, John has got me thinking a bit about difference - because I have marvelled at his methodical approach and his obvious striving for excellence. I know we are all different and I reckon that my relative 'disorganised' approach to the build is a reflection of my personality (perhaps not a good approach for either building nor for flying!). So, I have decided to try and make a work plan for each day over the next week and see if it results in me being more productive. I will report my results of day one of my cunning plan to run contrary to my natural personality in about 10 hours!

cheers
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ