Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Well I did it...

Default Well I did it...

I was checking out the site a couple weeks back and found a KF V Outback project in the classifieds. Wasn't too far away so I went to take a look at it and a week later I had it packed in a U-Haul truck headed home... Thanks C.P.
    I have decided to go with a Corvair engine (USA! USA!) and have made the initial inquiries to W.W. and Clark Corvair.
    Been waiting for this day for a long time!

Cheers,
    Jeff

Default Re: Well I did it...

Congrats Jeff!

Congratulations on your purchase! It's good to hear that someone is going to fly behind an American engine. Have you given any thought to how you will complete the rest of the firewall forward?

Bob

Congrats.
    SS7, wings done, ready to cover. 3 Litre W W corvair ready to hang on the front. Enjoy the engine build. Mike

Thanks all!
    I was hoping to go with a reverse rotation kit. I received my WW book today and it looks like the reverse rotation gears are only made in China now and are of poor quality...
    I really would like to use a prop that is more efficient than a Warp. Had my sights on Whirlwind but they don't make a prop for Corvair rotation. Whirlwind sent me a copy of an article from Kitplanes that compared Warp to Whirlwind and there was a 10% increase over the Warp in pretty much every category.
    I sent an inquiry to Catto and am waiting to hear back...
    If anyone knows of one....
    Kitfoxrk,
    Will probably have to make an engine mount. Looks pretty simple. I have a smooth cowl and the Corvair might fit. Might have to make a slight bump to clear the forward cylinders. Will likely make a plenum for optimized cooling. I don't plan to move too far from WWs design as he has a proven formula and I need something that flys without trouble.
    Scanman,
    The Kitfox is my tailwheel trainer. I am building an IO-340 stroker for a GP-4 build. It has electronic ignition and fuel injection from flyefii.com. It's a taildragger too
    Are you building your own engine mount?

You might look at a Prince Propeller.

http://www.princeaircraft.com/default.aspx
    Mike Bentley
    Model IV-1200
    Jabiru 2200A #438
    Rotec Aerosport LCH Heads
    Ellison EFS-2 Throttle Body
    Prince Prop (64x34)
    My SPOT Page

Also check out Keiv prop, at B&b sport aviation in Cambridge MD. I have one on my ss7 and love it.