Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flaperon install - Binding push-pull tubes and interference when folding. Model III

Default Re: Flaperon install - Binding push-pull tubes and interference when folding. Model

A couple of flapperon measurements you asked for:

Chord = 7 7/8"
    Leading edge to centerline of spar = 2"

I didn't measure the distance from flapperons to the turtle back because I had the wings deployed, but generally around 1/8".

Good luck,
    Chuck Gruby
    Petal, Kit Fox III Flying

Default Re: Flaperon install - Binding push-pull tubes and interference when folding. Model

Thanks Chuck. Very much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by t j View Post
    It is a Model 2. What I remember is he did have some difficulty with clearance between the flaperon and fuselage. It is sitting in an hangar with the wings folded now. If I see that hangar open when I'm at the airport I'll take another look and see what I can see.
    Today I looked at the Model 2 kitfox. What I can see with the wings foldled is:

The left wing tip is about 2 inches lower than the right wing tip.

The right wing flaperon leading edge has about 1/2 in. clearance to the fuselage tube at the back of the turtle deck opening and the cross tube just ahead of that where the seat belts attach. The left wing flaperon leading edge is resting on/touching both those tubes.

The lower half flaperon horn bearing material is attached with camlocks on the rear tab on both sides. The camlocks are removed and that end of the bearings swings down out of the way for wing folding.

The aileron control rods are disconnected to fold the wings. They hit the tube at the top of the seat back about 1/4 inch short of being able to connect to the flaperon horns with wings folded.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder