Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 582 engine ground question

Default 582 engine ground question

I posted on the engine forum about my engine ground question. If you fly a 582 would you please jump to the engine forum and take a look?
    Thanks, I need hour help.
    Jay

Default Re: 582 engine ground question

If you have the starter on the magneto end of the engine, you really need a ground from the starter is to the ground, weather it is to the fuselage or the main ground bussbar. The starter mount plate is attached to the engine with bolts, but there are also rubber O rings around those starter mounting bolts that may/probably will not give a good ground. You really need a separate ground wire there if you want the starter to work right. The starter is spaced away from that starter mounting plate with those O rings. If you tighten it down tight, the mounting plate will crack in short order. There is a specified gap that you need to maintain between the starter and the mounting plate. Don't remember off hand what it is, but it's important that you do it. Grounding is good!!! Jim Chuk