Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy here-

Default New guy here-

Hey all-
    I don't see a place on the board specifically for newbie intros, so I guess I'll throw it here in General Discussion. I'm Tony from the Bend, Oregon area. Just moved here last fall from the Phoenix area. Been a professional pilot since I got out of the Marine Corps back in 1992, and was in aviation while in the Corps (not a pilot though- F/A-18 jet engine mechanic and Plane Captain (a.k.a. "Crew Chief")). I'm not, nor have I ever been an airline pilot, but I have a great job/life/lifestyle as a Pilatus PC-12 check airman for a large Part 135 Air Ambulance operator. I got my A&P right after I got out as well, although truthfully only for the purspose of saving money on aircraft ownership some day. My significantly better half is an Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University grad, commercial single- and multi-rated and CFI, although now that we live here in Central OR, we're in the process of purchasing property and then getting her back flying again as she's been inactive as both a pilot and CFI since we had our youngest 8 years ago. We've owned one plane so far- a Cessna 172 that we kept in Mesa, AZ at KFFZ which we lived near before moving here. I started flying taildraggers right after getting my PPL back in 1991, and have loved it ever since. I've had some great times flying tailwheel, but they're scarce to rent and I haven't flown one in almost 10 years.

Anyway, I grew up in the Caldwell Idaho area, and my dad was a business acquaintance of Dan Denney back in the post-Kitfox/Thunder Mustang days, so I've known ABOUT Kitfox for many years. Only recently took another look at them though, and now I'm fantasizing about a small, fun, economical to purchase AND operate aircraft that I could keep at home and maybe even operate off of my own property- so that's my current affiliation with Kitfox- "considering." In a perfect world, I'd run over to Albany tomorrow and buy that SWEEET (although expen$ive) 5 that is advertised in the classifieds, but alas, buying the family a place to call home is the first priority, according to the CFO, and those clowns at the lottery haven't figured out which numbers to call yet- mine!

Well, that's probably more than anyone wanted to know, so I guess I'll quit rambling.

Default Re: New guy here-

Welcome aboard Tony. Enjoy the forums.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Welcome aboard Tony, thanks for your service! That is a sweet model 5 and i dont blame you for wanting it👍
    As for the lottery guys, i keep throwing dollars at them too but ... I am just a donator to some lucky other that reaps the reward
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Welcome aboard Tony,

Thought you might appreciate this photo....

Dave S
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Az350x View Post
    Well, that's probably more than anyone wanted to know,....
    Welcome Tony. Actually it was exactly what this guy wanted to know. Maybe this is just me, but I struggle sometimes with the anonymity.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Maybe this is just me, but I struggle sometimes with the anonymity.
    Lowell and all - I can change your username to your given name anytime you would like. I believe I would have to do this change for you as the software does not allow for username changes by members. This goes for any member that would like to use their name on the forums as their username. It's always up to the members comfort level.

Email me or PM me if you'd like to change your username. Happy to help.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    Welcome aboard Tony,

Dave S
    What a good looking plane. Very unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    Welcome aboard Tony,

Dave S
    Dave- I don't believe I've ever met Dan, so am afraid any significance of that photo is lost on me.

I'm curious now though to hear the backstory?

Welcome aboard Tony, Good luck with your search.

Dave that plane doesn't need marker light or a landing light. The Glow should suffice for both.

It is a beautiful plane.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Welcome aboard Tony and Semper Fidelis. 21 years as a Marine. CH-53 Power plant Mech and a few other dirty names.
    I live in North Idaho and fly a mod IV 912 80horse out of a grass strip on my family ranch.
    PM me and we can swap contact info. Your welcome here with or without yur bird.