Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: relief tubes

Default Re: relief tubes

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post

SkyPirate with the above comment, I figured I'd raz you al little. now your not bragging or anything.
    I would recommend you try one of the "Clear thermosensitive PVC catheter -Radiopaque Sentinel Line tubing with Sentinel Eye catheter -Smooth side eyes and open distal tip -Numeric depth marks at 2cm increments -Beveled connector end can be cropped to form integral funnel connector -Rigid, Escon tube package -Sterile". The Smooth Eyed Catheter, strap a bag to you leg and your ready to fly.
    lol Paul..no I wasn't bragging..but I have a unique situation,..I wear braces on both legs so cant strap a bag to my leg unless I have connectee hanging out for connector lol
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

It all "Depends".
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

LOL Pete..they really need to add a "LIKE" button lol
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Here it is....

image.jpg
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

I clicked it and nothing happened

"Copy and Paste" is your friend...
    Lou
    KitFox II

Interestng timing on this thread. With a couple of other guys, I left Friday morning for a flight to the Phoenix area. 5 hour flight from Cameron Park to Big Bear for fuel. Then when moving to the fuel pumps, I noticed the right brake locked and decided to return home and manage the squawk at home. Light lunch and Minimal fluids; and on my way for the five hours home. All went well until about 3 the next morning when severe abdominal pain prompted a visit to the ER. In short - Small bowel obstruction. I asked the Dr. if the flight could have triggered it and he thought minimal chance. Just talked to him and he mentioned that a closer look at the CT Scan showed a hint of a clot in an artery to that area of the small intestine so the thought of dehydration resulting on a clot and starving a muscle there is strongly on his mind. I am definitely going to pursue the external catheter idea. All in all things are going well and should be home this afternoon. Peeing our pants or dribbling on the upholstery or floor just might be the least of our risks.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Lowell hope all is good for you ,..good thing you didn't second guess it n got checked out
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Keeping fluids flowing is very important to all of us, with holding can cause problems. Not everyone is effected the same however for flights over a couple of hours dehydration can sneak up on us and cause all kinds of problems either before or after the end of the flight. I guess I feel to look at this realistically, I am not 30 any more and at 62 I have issues to deal with. I do not want to curtail my flying and if an external cath is the way to go so be it. Smart, comfortable and prepared to enjoy another day of blue sky.
    Now to find a discreet supplier.

If you have to drain the system, land and drain the system. I flew from Dallas to Oshkosh, I could have made the trip with only 2 stops. However due to back problems, I sopped 3 times before arriving at my home airport. Twice to drain the system and once to walk around. I'm in the 60+ group and we need to understand we are no longer in our 30s. On the way to and from Oshkosh, I found a tree.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas