Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 66 of 87 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Thread: Oz build SS7

Default Re: Oz build SS7

Had to look up where that was. Interesting area! - hope the covering goes well for you when you get to it Josh..

cheers
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

I thought you might be interested in these pictures. I'm right in the middle of a lot of smoke right now as you can see this satellite picture taken 3 days ago. I added another neat shot of a CL415 taken a few days ago in Saskatchewan. It looks like an Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources plane by the markings. The provinces share a lot of crews when the fires are worse in other parts of the country.

Any idea who took the picture? Pretty amazing shot .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Great shots Josh. We have a Canadian guy who comes here each summer to fly the fire bombers that are based at our strip in the fire season. The Canadians have a great reputation as being the best fire bombers. I hope you find some clean air to breathe soon!

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.

The cranky diesel generator took up too much time today - I think it will be retired tomorrow!

However, I did manage to get the Earth X battery mounted on the flash Kitfox battery tray and then went about swaging and fitting the 6guage leads from battery to solenoids and starter motor. I hope to be a little more productive tomorrow!

cheers

r
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ

Well, a few distractions but back to it! It has taken a lot more work than I imagined to achieve a satisfactory result with the cowlings, but they are all ready now with the camlocks installed. Also got the radiator and the cooling duct installed.

cheers

ross
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ

That Earth X Battery set up looks nice.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Hi Paul,

yeah, John did a very nice job on the tray too. I am hoping the performance of the Earth X lives up to its claims - the fact that it has the internal over/under charge balancing system is a big advance - no need for special chargers for a start and they claim the risks of explosion are eliminated. And the weight! All plusses! Expensive, but the suggestion is that they will outlast two normal batteries which would compensate - let's see.

cheers

Ross

ps. no idea why those photos posted on their side? It there a rotate function on this site?
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ

How does the battery do in the cold? I ussually stop flying around -25C but it's not uncommon to hit -40 here either....

No idea Josh - haven't used it yet. But even if I had, I couldn't comment on its performance at those temps! We don't even have freezers that go THAT low. You really should consider moving to where palm trees grow!

I bet you are looking forward to getting back to the project!?

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ