Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 47 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Oz build SS7

Default Re: Oz build SS7

I'm so sorry you lost your friend, Ross. What a long life, and how wonderful to be active, and interested in your project at such an age! It's amazing! It seems that it was a blessing to know him. You were lucky... thanks for sharing it.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Ross- sorry to hear of Noel's passing. It was interesting to hear of his enthusiasm in your project. Wish he'd a chance to fly it with you.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Sorry to hear he passed. I was hoping to see him take a flight but he will be on your wing protecting you all the way.

Ross, sorry to hear about you friend Noel passing, he seemed like a great roll model & mentor for you. We'll say a prayer for all of you.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Sorry to hear of Noel's passing.

I recall the photos of you together and remember thinking that ,here is a man who enjoys life for all it is worth and takes each day as it comes.

I find the inner peace and acceptance of the elderly remarkable. To me it forms a good part of the wisdom that they display and are happy to share.

Passing is a natural part of life and I am sure that he was prepared.

Think happy thoughts of him and be glad of time spent and, lessons learned.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

All the best,

Rob

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. The picture you posted is a wonderful example of your friendship through the Kitfox. Your smiles show it!
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Ross,
    Our hearts and prayers go out to you, your family, and friends over Noel's passing. His enthusiasm of your build was great and for you to allow him to be "involved" as an advisor in the build was wonderful. May you find great comfort in the many memories that allow him to live on in your hearts.
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

Sorry to hear Ross , 103 is a great innings ,I hope I get even within a decade of that, there is nothing like building an aeroplane to bring new mates into our lives
    Matty

Well we are back into it after the Christmas and New Year distractions, although the heat in the hanger is a bit restrictive after about midday. Currently, we are fitting the rudder, HS and elevator and making the adjustments tot he rudder stops to get the 25 degrees deflection. Having read the posts on installing the rudder I was fully prepared for the frustrations of installing bolts (and experienced it too!) - but must admit, with a bit of practice, the operation does not take that long. We are even at the stage of thinking about registration marks and have tried a few out - the obvious first choice of FOX is not available - Gayle like OKF (Our Kit Fox), however there is still some negotiations to be had on that one!.

Also, there is a little bush that goes in the rod end of the trim actuator. We have managed to loose it! Does anyone know off hand the material that is made of? I was going to try local to get a replacement before importing form the US.

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

We have also been starting to get the wings ready for the flapperons . That means installing the flapperon attach brackets. I mentioned in a previous post that I rib laced on the spot where the brackets attached. My plan was to remove that lace but I can report that after trying it on one, it is best to just leave them there! The glues and paints integrate with the lacing making it hard to separate. Besides, it all pulls down neatly and sits flush along the top of the rib. It is really important to mask up around where riveting also as the rivet gun can rub against the brackets and take paint off if not careful. They also have a tendency to 'jump' when the rivet pops - and if not careful, take paint off the fabric! (How do I know this??!!)

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)