Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Another dihedral question

Default Another dihedral question

So I got my spar stiffeners in and all finished up this weekend then I just couldn't wait had to sit them on the plane and see what it looked like. And wow thats alot of dihedral ha, it's about 6 inches in 12 feet, now tell me over the years that has gotten less and less I saw a kitfox 4 on here with a string tied on to it and reading 2 3/4 inches, could anybody honestly tell me that I shouldn't move my strut fitting out and inch or so to lower my dihedral down at least a couple inches. what do you guys think
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Another dihedral question

I would stick to whatever the build manual says.

Also the earlier Kitfox models had smaller vertical stabilizers and rudders and were less stable. If you reduce your dihedral you are going to have to work harder to keep the wings level. You may not be able to fly it hands off.

Just my 2 cents.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Default Re: Another dihedral question

thanks for the response, I have the same tail as a kitfox 4 1050 has, so that shouldnt be an issue, think Im more worried about when the wings are folded are they gonna clear the horizontal. That picture is them lowered down, I moved the strut out 1 inch. what I like about it lowered is the strut fits the lower carry through beautifully. anyway thanks for reading.