Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: starting on wings

Default starting on wings

here is a good question for you guys I have been looking at the manual about building the wings for my kitfox 1 and it states place the wing strut attach brackets on the spars, and rivet them in place before rigging, it gives a measurement of like 86 1/2 inches then it says drill, debur, glue and rivet. Now to me it makes more sense to hose clamp them on, then after rigging attach them. like I see pictures of people doing. what do you guys think

Default Re: starting on wings

Have you found the kitfox service bulletins and letters yet? http://kitfoxaircraft.com/FAQ-Tech.htm

Here's a wing rigging service letter http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/suppor...ters/sl25a.htm

The numbers will be different for your model 1 but I would use this process. It will help you get both wings rigged the same in relation to the leveled fuselage.
    Last edited by t j; 12-12-2014 at 10:42 AM.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

On the Model 7 we hose clamped them on first at the specified dimensions, then rigged them on the airplane and made small adjustments with the clamps until everything was right, then drilled, glued and riveted.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

thanks guys that is exactly what I will do