Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: covering a kitfox

Default covering a kitfox

Hello

I hope i can start covering my KF 3 at the end of this year
    Now I am looking for what I need to do the job
    Can anyone tell me if the parts in the covering kit are enough?
    I have a manual from POLYFIBER and they advise almost 3times the stuff for covering a J3 cub
    Does anyone have experience with the Steward system?(they have a dealer in Holland)

Thanks

Eric

Default Re: covering a kitfox

I used Stewart Systems adhesive to attach the fabric. Very strong adhesive that is waterproof after it dries. Easy to use and no odor or toxic fumes at all and cleans up with soap and water. Covered the tail feathers in the living room. Did not use the paint, but friends have and again, no odor.

Eric,
    The quantities in the PolyFiber Manual are sooo over-blown.... ignor them. If you need a set of numbers of what I have used, let me know, and I will add it all up.

I have used the PolyFiber system to cover my Model IV-1200 and I am very happy with it.

If you get a half face respirator that has "organic acid, etc" type of cartridges in it, the fumes are no issue unless you are building it in your living room and you gas everyone else out.

Enjoy!!
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

Agree to GW: get yourself a poor- men's paintbooth, a good respirator and the Poly will get on almost by itself! Dealer in Teuge (Hortulanus): very coöperative! I might've have some items overhere, give me a call. Spraying was the most fun part of the build...

Thank You for Your input
    Now I know that there is a Polyfiber dealer in the Netherlands I think that it is best for me to use that.

You might take a look at ORACOVER, a system from Germany. I laked monday to the manufacturer and it sounds very promising.
    Less worg, less weight and if you don't paint it ( it comes in diffrent colors ) it is supposed to save gas as well due to the structure.

I'm considering it when recovering my modell 4

Greets
    Tuna