Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MGL V-6 radio

Default Re: MGL V-6 radio

Finally had a chance to finish my inspection today and flew it for the first time with the V6 radio. Made a few minor adjustments and it works great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Bentley
    Model IV-1200
    Jabiru 2200A #438
    Rotec Aerosport LCH Heads
    Ellison EFS-2 Throttle Body
    Prince Prop (64x34)
    My SPOT Page

Not that I necessarily do, but if you wanted a two radio stack can you do that with the V6?

Awesome Mike, now I need to get mine done and we need to get together and do some flying
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Quote Originally Posted by Esser View Post
    Not that I necessarily do, but if you wanted a two radio stack can you do that with the V6?
    I don't see it mentioned in the install manual as an option for the V6, but the V10 radio definitely allows a "dual stack" option...

From the V10 manual -

"Dual transceiver installation
    Two V10 transceivers may be connected to each other using the airtalk connection.
    Using this, one receiver is set to “main only” while the other is set to “standby only”. These
    modes are selected in the secondary setup menu.
    The standby system is used as a receiver only. It is possible to connect headsets in parallel
    with the main system as well as parallel connection of the PTT inputs. In this case it becomes
    possible to use the standby system as a redundant transceiver should the main system fail for
    any reason.
    Using a system in this manner allows the creation of a full dual watch system (as opposed to
    the dual scan system possible with a single transceiver). Two frequencies are monitored. The
    audio signal from the standby system is routed to the main system “auxiliary input”. Any
    auxiliary audio sources (music etc) are connected to the standby system and these signals
    are routed through to the main system if no RX is taking place on the standby system.
    The dual transceiver installation can be done either in a simple mode requiring minimal wiring
    or it can be wired as a fully redundant system. In the latter case, it becomes necessary to be
    able to switch a few signal wires using a panel mount multi-pole switch to switch between
    normal operation and redundant operation for the standby system.

Other installation options
    If you are using a suitable audio panel and two V10 transceivers, you can wire these
    independently to the audio panel. In this case you can operate each radio either using direct
    frequency selection or flip-flop frequency selection as you require (select this operating mode
    in the secondary setup menu)."

Mike,
    Do you have an intercom also or do you use the airtalk feature?
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

The V-6 has Four place, dual circuit intercom system with full isolate. Each intercom microphone input has its own level control and VOGAD noise suppression system. Dual PTT inputs. Black box flight recorder audio output

The intercom outputs are fully stereo with a dedicated stereo music input plus two auxiliary channels for mobile phone and EFIS annunciators.
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

No other intercom other than one in the V6 SkySteve. Seems to work well. I do have the VoGad feature turned off and just using the Vox feature as suggested by MGL due to the fact that I am using Bose headsets. The VoGad is the noise cancelling feature of the unit for use with non-noise cancelling headsets. I guess it confuses the unit if you run the Vogad along with noise cancelling headsets. The music input works great as well and has a couple of settings for how you want the radio to react to music inputs. Esser I'm sure you could email MGL about the radio stack. I sent a couple of emails to them during my radio quest and got a pretty quick reply.
    Mike Bentley
    Model IV-1200
    Jabiru 2200A #438
    Rotec Aerosport LCH Heads
    Ellison EFS-2 Throttle Body
    Prince Prop (64x34)
    My SPOT Page

holes for head set plugs,..hobbs and remote ELT and she is ready for paint,.then laser etching
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Very nice Chase.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

thanks Steve.I can't wait to see it after its engrave with laser..should be pretty sharp
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL