Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Butt Rib Close Out, final decision?

Default Re: Butt Rib Close Out, final decision?

I am about to instal the butt ribs and I am not sure what determines where you cut the trailing edge of the rib. There is a rather long top and bottom rib caps that must be trimmed to even get the butt rib between the spars. After reading the instructions several times on the install of these I am still a bit confused, any help here would be appreciated.

Default Re: Butt Rib Close Out, final decision?

The butt rib cap strips cannot extend further aft than the rear spar hinge point. If it did, it would break off when the wing is folded. To ensure the rear spar clears the butt rib, trim the cap strips just short of the wing hinge pin hole on the fuselage. You may need to trim away some of the butt rib web/

The detail drawing "A" in figure E-1 shows the cap strip trimmed even with the skylight angle part [A]. That is misleading as the skylight angle does not extend far enough left or right to reach the cap strips.

I have no idea why the butt ribs are supplied with very long cap strips when most of the long strips get cut off.