Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pilots bill of rights

Default Re: Pilots bill of rights

The Grove gear is not rated at 1550? I don't recall ever seeing an upgrade offered for such a thing. Eh, not a big deal for me anyhow..

Maybe they put the heavier gear on all the planes now but when I ordered mine I had to pay more for the 1550 grove gear. I just assumed the standard gear was a lighter duty grove.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

My AME wants me to fly, my doc wants me to be "healthy". Read what you want into it.
    This legislation, IMO, doesn't really cover the intent of the medical reform. You still have to see a doctor at a prescribed interval and keep proof of it. Some docs will be terrified of the liability this may place on them and won't sign on the dotted line until they have talked with their insurance carriers and or lawyers. After that some will not sign...
    First time someone with a health issue augers one in, the doc will be sued and that will be the end of that. Lawyers and insurance companies will not allow them to sign these papers. We will then be going back to AMEs for our medicals.
    For those with docs that won't sign these new papers from the beginning, you are left with going back to your AME.
    Don't want to sound negative, but I don't see any real gains in this legislation other than a 2 yr extension on a medical...
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

I don't see it that way at all. I can still go to my AME once every 4 years. If he or she doesn't sign, I am NOT grounded. I can go get a second opinion. What excuse could an AME possibly use for not signing? My doc will sign. All he's saying is that my capacity to drive is good. Think about it, if I am capable of driving, I am capable of flying under this new rule.

How has a medical ever been proven as a primary cause of an accident?

I didn't start this thread to debate the law.

Apparently signed, sealed, and delivered. Now to wait for the FAA to make the official rules (apparently supposed to happen within 180 days, but the default is 365 days.

Greg

Does this effectively eliminate LSA's?

No.

There are tens of thousands of Light Sport certificated pilots and even more Private and Recreational Pilots who have not held a medical in the last 10 years who will choose to not risk the renewal process and continue under the Light Sport rules.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

No, this new rule really only applies to private pilots. Light sport doesn't need a medical at all.

Please, guys...no offense, but have you really read this? For those that are currently flying under LSA because they can't get a medical or scared of passing one, it doesn't change a thing. If you have had a medical since 2006, then you may be golden but if you have any codition or are taking g any medications not allowed, you are not legally going to be able to fly. The form that is now signed by your regular physician is almost the same exact questions you had for your 3rd class medical. YOU are now certifying the fact that you are healthy and not taking any prohibited medication. I will bet that anyone that has an incident will be thoroughly investigated. This has just removed the AME and the requirement of send a copy to the FAA.
    Do your research before thinking this is going to be the answer for all those hoping to 'get into something bigger'.

Guppy, no, it doesn't eliminate LSA.

Everyone needs to read this themselves and not depend on 'internet commandos' to answer your questions.

No offense taken. I get two 1st Class medicals a year and I don't see that changin. Since it doesnt affect me I just skimmed the info and thought about all the lighter weight certified airplanes and wondered.