Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Model III header tank

Default Model III header tank

Hello, my model III aircraft came with a round aluminum header tank it is made to fit just aft of firewall is anyone flyin this design now and how does it work for you .I,am aware that most newer installations are mounted aft of passenger seat using a rectangular tank.????

Default Re: Model III header tank

I never had the round tank, but when building my first Model IV, the kit supplied the molded plastic tank, but the installation notes were still for the behind the baggage location. I put it there and flew 900+ hours over nine years with no fuel issues whatsoever. After my experience, I guess my preference would be to put it where it would more favorably impact the W/B. With that said, my current IV has it behind the seat because of the weight of the fairings, etc. on the empennage.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

My Kitfox III has well over 1000 hours on the original header tank. No problems.
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

My KF3 has the round header tank mounted behind the seat, on centerline, on the frames near the battery location, the fuel line goes from there down to a sump drain on the bottom skin behind the pilot location. I have the 13 gallon wing tanks.

I checked my picture files, but the only one with the header tank does not fully show everything.

Ralph