Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who should I call about a drone in my airspace?

Default Re: Who should I call about a drone in my airspace?

I live in N Little Rock AR and a friends kid lost control of his drone.
    He did get it back after it went over the local SAM's parking lot.

An hour later the local Police Dept showed up and took a report.

Call the local Police

David Kelm

I'm all for the soft approach. But as my property is bordered by a long row of homes it was hard to see where it went. I'm pretty sure it was out of line of sight, unless the pilot was in the middle of the street where I couldn't see him. And as someone said, it's not an issue right now. And I know almost all my neighbors on the street. So it may have come from a neighborhood a 1/4 mile away. Who knows. What's funny is when the law first hit the books a guy that lives a couple miles away called and asked permission to fly his drone. That's class!

Remington 12 gauge
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Well, who knows, the guy with the drone might be wishing he could fly himself. I mean, who doesn't wish he could fly....... Reach out to him, make him a friend, not an enemy. No doubt it will be to your advantage in the end. JImChuk

If it is equiped with a camera maybe you could get him to video your flights. Trent has a lot of cool stuff that we all enjoy watching. Get in on the game.

I wouldn't consider it the "soft approach". A brief sighting of a Drone (which may actually be little Bobby Jr. flying his new Quadcopter) wouldn't constitute the need to call in Andy and Barney in my mind. Before you go full Nelson Mandingo and call in the Regulators gather some intelligence and formulate a plan. Watch out for it again, find out who it is and what it is. If you see it's going to be a problem then after a nice face to face take pictures and video of any further airspace infractions. Now you to have some tangible proof and evidence. Research and find out what the rules and regulations are in your state and particular area (if any local codes exist).

For those cannon cockers who would love to send up the triple A at the enemy Drone (Does sound fun huh) I'll add this. Shooting at a Drone in the eyes of the law is exactly the same as standing at the depature end of LAX sniping at 747's with your 308.

Quote Originally Posted by beeryboats View Post
    I'm all for the soft apptroach. But as my property is bordered by a long row of homes it was hard to see where it went. I'm pretty sure it was out of line of sight, unless the pilot was in the middle of the street where I couldn't see him. And as someone said, it's not an issue right now. And I know almost all my neighbors on the street. So it may have come from a neighborhood a 1/4 mile away. Who knows. What's funny is when the law first hit the books a guy that lives a couple miles away called and asked permission to fly his drone. That's class!