Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Interested in Looking at a Kitfox S7

Default Interested in Looking at a Kitfox S7

Hello Kitfox community. I am interested in possibly building one of these aircraft myself and would like to take a look at one in person.

Are any of you folks located near upstate NY, (Watertown NY) and have some free time? I would like to take a look at your aircraft and talk about your build.

Default Re: Interested in Looking at a Kitfox S7

I am in central Pa building a SS7

Flybyjim that's not to far away.

What did you start first on your aircraft the fuselage or the wings?

Looking to get the S7 in stages, fuselage or wings, then firewall forward and then the engine. Or is better to get the wing and fuselage at the same time.

I am thinking 3 years to assemble. How soon would you need the motor and firewall forward kit.

What about hidden cost to complete the build.

If you want to see an S7 and get some air time, hop over to Shelburne VT and take an instructional flight at:

Shelburne Flight School
    Paul Potter, CFII - Owner, Flight Instructor
    (802) 233-0374

He instructs in a factory built S7 (or at least used to)

http://www.shelburnenews.com/2015/10...burne-airport/

Its best to get all you can at once. Freight gets less pricey when you bundle it all into one container.
    Took delivery of airframe and prebuilt wings 12 March of 2016. Took Delivery of engine in December. FWF showed up I think in February this year. Im just finishing covering this week. Most everything is installed aft of the engine to include firewall stuff like Battery, fuse box, fuel pumps etc etc. No wiring done though. Likely will be hanging my motor this weekend. I work full time and work on it regularly but not every day and I dont skip vacations or anything like that. 3 years should be achievable if you dont have a bunch of family obligations.
    Hidden costs? Lots of consumables like foam brushes, tape, misc. tools that make things much easier rags, paper towels and the like. The Kit comes very complete and leaves you without the need to source much at all. The only sourcing I have done is replacing things like switches. If you want lights then those need to be acquired also. Kitfox can supply anything you want.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Eddie
    Last edited by efwd; 07-31-2017 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Incomplete

I started with the wings, but I think most guys start with the fuse. It doesn't really matter. Get the quick built wings if you can; it will save much time. The wings can't be completed until you have the fuse to set up the rigging, ie. you can't install the #1 wing rib or the fuel tank until you have rigged the wings on the fuse. The firewall forward kit and the engine are usually one of the last things you do. There are no hidden costs, but be aware of several things: most people end up wanting almost all of the optional items-so factor those costs in up front, all avionics and wiring are NOT included in the kit, all painting after you pick up a spray gun is not included in the kit. Up to the point of spray painting all covering and chemicals and adhesives ARE included. Yes you may run out of glue or a few other odds and ends and have to buy more. All in all it is a very complete kit.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

I am justb starting building an S7 at Ottawa not far from you. We are moving quickly and expect to be finished by Spring.