Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of our own

Default One of our own

Good Afternoon... This is not something we would generally do, but it is one of our own.
    Many of you know Jud Parker.. He has been with us now for almost 10 years.. and has been a friend for almost 20 years. He handles our factory build SLSA program but also does about everything Kitfox!
    His has a wonderful family that has been hit with a hard blow.

Their daughter, Jessica, fell ill. Hit with this devasting illness of Acute Myeloid Leukemia 3 mo's ago and her world turned upside down. She has a very rare type of AML and needs immediate treatment.
    She has had 3 rounds of Chemotherapy, and now has a promise for a donor for a Bone Marrow transplant, which is her only hope. She will be relocating to Salt Lake city for the Bone Marrow Transplant and Jud will be her 24hr caregiver for 4 months in Salt Lake.

Jessica a 23 yr old single mother with a 3 year old daughter. Jessica was going to school and working when this illness struck.

There is a fundraiser to help offset many of the medical and remote living costs. Every little bit helps. Please visit Youcaring.com and help one of our own.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Default Re: One of our own

Thanks for posting John. Prayers going out to Jessica, Jud, Clarissa and their family. Prayers for a successful transplant so Jessica can beat this illness. Knowing how important Jud and every member of the Kitfox Aircraft team is to daily operations in Homedale, thank you John and Debra for supporting our friends through this difficult battle. Please let them know they are in our prayers and daily thoughts.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Terrible news to hear about Jud and his daughter. Jud is the man who patiently answered all my questions at Oshkosh, even when I came back for a third or fourth time. In fact Jud's willingness to talk to a young 24 year old kid when most other kit manufacturers wouldn't give me the time of day is a large part of the reason I chose kitfox.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Prayers have been, and will continue to be, sent. I am sure many here would appreciate updates as they become available.

So sorry to hear this... I echo what Esser said about Jud. I hope that many people on this forum will do what they can to help. Our best thoughts and prayers are with you Jessica, Jud and your entire family.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

My immediate thought was to avoid crowdfunding fees by sending a check, payable to Jud, via the Kitfox address. A visit to the YouCaring site found, "YouCaring is dedicated to helping as many people as possible. This is why we will never charge anyone to raise money on our site." What a great crowdfunding resource! It would be great if this forum could quickly raise the $30,000 goal.

May God bless this family with a speedy rcovery.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

If you decide to mail a check to Jud, write in the note area "Gift to Jessica Parker, or Judd Parker". By designating it as a gift they can avoid having to pay Federal Income Tax on any contributions that have that noted.
    Last edited by Paul Z; 07-06-2017 at 07:36 PM.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I'll be writing a Check! God Bless and I hope and pray for Judd, & Jessica and her daughter.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Thank you Carl for the words of encouragement along with previous posts of good wishes and prayers. It would not be difficult for this community to get close to that goal with small amounts Carl. It is my hope also. Thank you so much to everyone who has and will donate.

Jud has spent at least 5 of the 10 years he's worked at Kitfox Aircraft just in the paint booth creating flying works of art. We all hope he can bring Jessica home soon with encouraging news for her future.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thanks for the advice Paul. I prefer the check idea myself.
    Eddie