Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to locate a Kitfox built by my Grandfather

Default Re: Trying to locate a Kitfox built by my Grandfather

Aaron,

Thank you for the pictures, the background information, and especially thanks for taking the time to dig into your records and pass along the history. My family and I really appreciate it! By the way, your restoration looks great!

Thanks again and take care,

John

Wow, Foxfever you're a champion. I"m just watching the thread, and loving it. Hope all goes well.

A member sent me a PM about a Craigslist ad he had seen: A model 2 with a Rotax 582 in Nebraska. I called the owner and talked to him about it's origin. Unfortunately that Fox had been made in Minnesota. (I'll attach the ad) Owner was very nice and very helpful---he asked what it looks like and thanks to Aaron I could give a good description. He said there's a Kitfox in Beatrice, Nebraska that fits that description but doesn't know the owner. ????
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is such a cool story. My dad had a 108 Stinson he sold in 1953. I was only five years old but I clearly remember flying in that airplane. After many years, I found it in a barn in northern Arkansas. It was a basket case, but I was able to buy it. Maybe someday I'll get to restore it.

Ok. Beatrice Ne is in Gage county Ne. Searching the FAA Database there is a Kitfox 3 in Wymore Ne, not far from Beatrice.

Donald J Roche. 49191 US Highway 77. Wymore Ne

I'd call the airport in Beatrice and see if the airport manager knows where your kitfox is or knows Mr Roche. Also ask if she knows any old guys around the area that love tube n fabric airplanes. That was a key question that led to me finding Dad's airplane.

My Ifly database show the airport manager as : Diane Smith. 402-223-5349

Good Luck and please keep us informed.

Rodney

Hey. I found a phone number for Mr Roche :: 402-674-3322

Good Luck

Rodney

If you run the N # for your grandfather's plane on the FAA data base, you will see it's still listed as being in the previous owners name. I don't think that is your Kitfox, but it's worth a shot anyway. JImChuk

Thanks again to everyone for the info and encouragement!

I'm out of the country for work, but when I get back I'll call some of those folks and hopefully get a little closer.

Take care and fly safe!
    John

And Rodney.....love that story about the Stinson: What a great connection with your Dad. Thanks again!

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I don't support posting someone else's personal contact info on public internet forums.

I think if you have found some info that you think is helpful, it would be better to just pm or email to the person that you think would benefit from it.

You never know what kind of person is browsing these perfectly legitimate sites with ill intentions. And now someone who is probably not even a member of this forum has their personal name and phone number posted for all the world to see.

Thanks for your understanding
    Aaron

Aaron

All of the information I provided is all ready on internet.

Hope that clears that up!

Rodney

Hell, I subscribe to an internet service that will tell me if you ever had a criminal record, if you are being sued, what schools you go to, and also gives me your name, address, phone number & age.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas