Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wait is Over

Default Re: The wait is over.

Tim- CopperState might be a little ambitious for me but I'll sure make my reservation for a demo flight in yours for next October.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Your on.

The weather here is cooperating (no snow this year) but that last big expense of the engine may slow me down.

Checked out your build. Looks great.
    I'm gonna copy your aluminum plates above your rudder pedals. After covering will you have access to it via a access panel, or do you have to "limbo" under the instrument panel?
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint

Steve congratulations! It's looking good, your definately starting to look like the Kitfox Advertising Manager. You've got the shirt, the hat, some good photo shot sof you working hard on a Kitfox, all you need is an advertising slogan at the bottom of one of the photos. 😉 To be part of the Kitfox Family all of us are salesmen and saleswomen for the brand. Keep up the posting very enjoyable to follow your progress!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Progress on the wings continues. Desertfox1 and myself have been working on the #1 rib placement, finishing up the spar reinforcements and strut attachment fittings. Also bonded in the top false ribs today. Lots of measuring and fitting but a fun process.

IMG_0978.jpg
    IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg
    IMG_0996.jpg
    IMG_0995.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Great pic's. They really tell the story for us "visual" learners.
    Envious of your shop and the t-shirts.

Were still very cold here. Another week and the weather here will be warm enough to work again in our shop.

Keep up the great work!
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint

Varnishing wings was on the schedule today. Not really my favorite job but a must do procedure. Had some help from a fellow Kitfoxer down from Calgary. Norm stopped by the "skunk works" today to give a hand with rib varnishing. Thanks Norm!! Good to get some international help on my project. The 2nd coat of varnish on the left wing is all Norm.

IMG_1000.jpg

I think he's on the lamb from Canada as he wouldn't let me take his photograph. Actually we got so busy talking, looking at and varnishing Kitfoxs I forgot to get the camera out. My bad.

Also Norm is a fellow guitar player so we got together a couple nights ago and strummed out some classics from John Fogerty, The Beatles, The Stones, The Eagles and even worked a Bee Gees song in there. If we get another chance to play we need to work on some of those great Canadian songwriters hits. An all acoustic Gordon Lightfoot night or the like.
    Gretsch 6120DSW.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I wish I could play the Guitar, but I'm totally tone deaf. Hmm found a camera to take a picture of the Guitar.
    Last edited by Paul Z; 03-08-2015 at 12:24 AM.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Dont forget Stan Rogers!

Looking good!

I cans see Norm & Steve definately have a second passion. Those are some nice Guitars. Are you two contemplating adding an extension to tha baggage compartment that would accommodate the Guitars. When do you plan on cutting the first Kitfox Grinning & Picking album?
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas