Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: cross country flight

Default cross country flight

Hello everyone , Friday my instructor and myself did my cross country flight. Started at OFK to SUX which is a towered airport. They had me #2 to land runway 17 , following a KC-135 refueler from the Iowa air national guard. What a rush! Followed by another airport then home. In all a great day, haven't had a whole lot of nice flying days here in Febuary. Need to do my night cross country and solo cross country then ready for my checkride. My series 6 has 73 hrs on it now, and it runs great!

Patrick
    series 6- trigear
    rotax 912- 100 hp
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: cross country flight

Your fox makes that citation look derelict. Glad you had a fun flight. No snow on the ground in Feb so I'll call that good weather!

More than likely you followed my co-workers fiance, he woulda been driven the kc135, at sux.
    Good to hear another midwestener up and away. When you get ready to do your own cross country stuff, be glad to pick you up and by lunch for ya. I am building ss7 50 miles east of Des Moines. Fly out of KTNU.

Mike M scanman55

DEAL! good luck to ya, If you have any questions that I can help on don't be afraid to ask. Foreflight shows 205 nm, I would love to fly out and see your plane!

Learning to fly in a Kitfox. 👍
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas